DBBW is an inspiring and informative portal on all trending/updated happenings globally on News, Entertainment,Education, Sports,Technology,Music.etc.Welcome to DBBW experience. Dabtvbaseworld we have got you covered...

  • Wednesday 9 August 2017

    Rotimi Speaks On His Nigerian Origins, Role On Power, New EP & More On The Breakfast Club

    Nigerian born American singer, Rotimi stopped by popular radio show, “The Breakfast Club” on Friday and during the session he raved over his blooming career, his role as ‘Dre’ on the popular TV series, Power and latest EP, Jeep Music.During the interview, 50 Cent’s G-Unit Records act particularly spoke about his Nigerian roots and growing up in America with a hardworking mum. When Charlamagne Tha God asked him why Nigerians think differently from other Africans, Rotimi said “I don’t know. We just think differently than from West Africa. Pain is a direct line to royalty. The thought process is just work hard, get your job done and be successful”Rotimi  who was born in New York spoke about when his parents came to America and his mum.
    “My parents came when they were like 28. My mum came, she was homeless. She ended up graduating from Columbia University and being a doctor. I have been a part of the true definition of hard work” said the singer whose full name is Rotimi Akinosho. He also revealed that his mother knew he was going to be in the entertainment business before he was even born.“My mum is a prayer warrior. She’s very spiritual so when she was pregnant with me she had a dream about Bob Marley and he said “your son is going to finish my legacy” revealed Rotimi who stars in US TV series “Power.” He further went on to say “most Nigerian families don’t really like support arts. My mum managed me like when I was six. She had me singing in weddings, she had me playing the violin. And she had me playing the piano.” See the full interview below:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts